Okay - I love teaching, but I have to admit I love my kids more. I hate that now that school has started I have less pictures and stories to post on here. I was on a roll. Almost every day I had a picture of something we did, whether it was playing in our backyard or headed out to some place exciting (okay, maybe not that exciting to everyone, but for a 1 and 3 year old it was). Now... well, I miss all of that. I spend my day with 100 or so 8th graders who need me. They need a teacher who they can connect with, a teacher who can teach them the skills they need to succeed, a teacher who can show them the best that they can be.... Yet, I miss summer. Where I live the life of a mom who is always there.
This stinks. That's all. I just had to say it.
I couldn't agree more!
ReplyDeleteJust remember you're lucky enough to be able to have the summers with your kids. Many of us work 8-5 year round and only have 2 hours a day with our kids. Regardless the amount of time, cherish every minute, even the 3:30am crying sessions!! Love ya-Kara
ReplyDelete